My Top 10 Fashion Tips
By: Lisa Simmons
SNAP Newmarket/Aurora, November 2011
My Top 10 Fashion Tips
Over the years I’ve gained some tips about fashion & style that I’ve passed on to customers & now I can pass on to you. Here are some of my top ones:
1) How to remove deodorant stains – rub with a pair of your nylons for instant removal.
2) Gap in back of jeans – Hip to waist ratios are different on everyone. It’s hard for everyone to find a pair of jeans that fit perfectly at the waist especially if you’re curvy. If you find a pair of jeans that looks good on you everywhere except the waist, just get the waist taken in. It doesn’t cost a lot and you’ll have a pair of jeans that fit you perfectly.
3) Make your legs look longer – wear nude shoes with a skirt/dress; it will elongate your legs.
4) How to wear skinnies if you are curvy- A lot of curvy girls are still reluctant to wear skinny jeans. You really just have to know how to wear them. Wear skinnies with a tunic or fitted top and high boots this will balance the body and look great.
5) Jean size - When in doubt always go with the jean size that is a little snug on you they will stretch out after a few wears and then fit you perfectly.
6) Ask the sales person for help - That’s what we’re here for, to help you. We know our product and can help you put together outfits & know what looks good on your body type.
7) Don’t pay 100% to the label size- There are women that come in & feel that they are a size 6 no matter what even if the item on them is small. Wear the size that fits you. There is no set standard of sizing, every line is different. Some lines are small fitting & others are generous. If you wear what fits you properly, you’ll look better & be more comfortable.
8) How to wash your jeans – Most jeans have some sort of stretch in it, be it elastin, lacra or spandex. If you heat up an elastic band, it may get brittle, crack or even break. Think of your jeans in the same way. Make sure to wash your jeans in cold water & hang or lay flat to dry. No drier. Refrain from washing your jeans until necessary… it will elongate the life of your jeans.
9) Emergency handbag kit- Tide stick, double sided tape & small safety pins are always great emergency fix me ups. Tide stick – of course for stains. Double sided tape, for those accidental rips/holes, openings in between buttons on blouses, to close openings on wrap dresses & tops, temporary hems, etc. Small safety pins, great for broken zippers/buttons, pin back straps of bra together if you want to wear a racerback top, and so many other uses.
10) Best investment I made was my steamer. It’s so easy to use & takes seconds. I leave it in my bedroom & even my husband uses it. It’s also fantastic on delicate fabrics too where the iron may not be. __________________________________________________________________________________________
Submitted by Lisa Simmons
For more information contact Lisa at Lemonberry at (905)503-2121
For more information, contact Lisa at Lemonberry at 905-836-0330.
Check out our SNAP Newspaper Fashion Editorials!
A few days in Manhattan
A few days in Manhattan ~ part deux
Darling brings spring
Give your mom a moment
Spring trends - Part 2
Spring trends - part 1
Spring is in the air
Lust for Supertrash
A Valentine's Day Surprise!
Valentine's Day Gift Guide
DIY event with Stella & Dot
DIY - Frame your heart
DIY- Sunglass holder
Spring 2013 Matt & Nat
The Great Gatsby
How to wear colored jeans