Spring 2012 Trends
By: Lisa Simmons
SNAP Newmarket/Aurora, March 2012
Spring 2012 Trends
From color blocked outfits to peplum dresses, this spring season has it all and it’s all coming back from the past – mostly 20’s & 50’s. Fashion for this season can be summed up in one word… Glamorous!
Here are the biggest fashion trends for the season.
1) Floods- Cropped pants are making a comeback. Anything around or at ankle length is the way to go. Hem your pants or just roll them up.
2) Orange- This color ruled the runway. Tangerine, coral, orange, peach….any variation will do.
3) Prints- floral (now on pants), birds, chevron, tribal, digital, graphic, you name it - the catwalk had it. Again, mixing & matching of these prints is a definite DO.
4) Color blocking- A carryover from last year. I mention it again because it has an undeniable presence on the runways.
5) Peplums- This is another comeback style from the 1950’s. These “waist flares” made appearances on jackets, tops, skirts, jumpsuits & dresses. This look gives great curves and evokes femininity.
6) Pleats- The accordion pleat is the new look in dresses & skirts. Update your wardrobe with pleats.
7) Roaring 20’s- Like the roaring 20’s, recession made the flapper style come about. This look includes dropped waist lines, flapper-style dresses, lavish beading, art deco looks & prints, tassels, black & gold. This look can also be attributed to the upcoming The Great Gatsby flick (opening in December), a Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of the F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel.
8) Cropped tops – The crop top continues this season whether fully visible or through a window of fabric (start practicing your crunches!).
9) Pastels – Forget your sugar-free diet, this season is full of soft & sweet sorbet inspired color palette. Pastels are seen in every shade of the rainbow from pale pinks to mellow yellows with minty fresh being the most popular this spring.
10) Metallic’s –I know, you couldn’t go more from one end of the spectrum to the other but you’ll shimmer & shine with this look.
For more information, contact Lisa at Lemonberry at 905-836-0330.
Check out our SNAP Newspaper Fashion Editorials!
A few days in Manhattan
A few days in Manhattan ~ part deux
Darling brings spring
Give your mom a moment
Spring trends - Part 2
Spring trends - part 1
Spring is in the air
Lust for Supertrash
A Valentine's Day Surprise!
Valentine's Day Gift Guide
DIY event with Stella & Dot
DIY - Frame your heart
DIY- Sunglass holder
Spring 2013 Matt & Nat
The Great Gatsby
How to wear colored jeans