Gluten-Free Valentine's Day Cookies
Kait from @misskait made some delicious gluten-free Valentine's Day Cookies. Kait loves to make themed crafts, recipes and decor. She made these cut-out cookies and shared the recipe:
-1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free Bisquick by Betty Crocker
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup cream cheese, soften
- 1/3 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk note: set the egg whites aside for later
- Confectioner's sugar
- Food colouring (if desired)
- Mix all ingredients together by hand in a large bowl, except for the egg whites.
- If the dough feels too crumbly, carefully add small amounts of egg whites until the dough is easier to roll into a large ball.
- Lighlty cover your workspace and rolling pin with gluten-free flour.
- Roll out the dough evenly (about 1/4 thick) and cut out your cookies with your cookie cutters of choice.
- Place your cut-out cookies on a baking sheet lined with foil and chill for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator. Note: this is extremely important! If you don't chill them, they will expand and lose their shape once you bake them.
- 375°F for 10 minutes, or until edges are golden. Set aside and allow them to completely cool before decorating.
- In a large bowl, pour in the desired amount of icing sugar.
- Slowly add teaspoons of water and mix together as you go until you reach the desired consistency. Add any food colouring if desired.
- You can either use a spoon, or pour the icing into ziplock bags and cut off the tip of one the corners to pipe it on (this is my preferred method).